Dr. Gil Colmenar is the best sleep apnea specialist in Oxnard, CA offering excellent diagnostics and treatments for patients with sleep apnea and sleep disorders.
Welcome to our Oxnard sleep disorder center. At Oxnard Dentistry, we believe that a good night sleep is essential for good health. Look through this website to learn more about various sleep disorders and information detailing our Oxnard sleep apnea treatments.
What is sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea is a type of sleep disorder in which you experience one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep.
The breathing pauses usually last a few seconds or minutes and can occur for more than an hour. Sleep apnea is a severe condition that disrupts sleep. When you have breathing pauses or shallow breaths, your sleeping pattern often move out of deep sleep into light sleep. This ultimately affects the quality of your sleep, which makes you tired during the day.
When should I visit a sleep apnea specialist?
Many people who have sleep apnea may not know they have it because it occurs during sleep. Sometimes sleep apnea can go undiagnosed because no blood tests can help detect the problem
However, obstructive sleep apnea can become worse if not diagnosed and treated early. Patients with this condition usually have their airways collapsing or becoming blocked during sleep. This causes breathing pauses or shallow breathing. When you try to breathe, the air tries to squeeze past the blockage causing loud snoring.
Untreated sleep apnea can result in:
- Increased risk of heart failure
- Increased risk of obesity, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure and diabetes
- Making arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats) more likely
- Increased likelihood of having driving or work-related accidents
It is important to seek appropriate medical evaluation and treatment when you experience signs and symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea such as loud snoring, daytime sleepiness, and repeated nighttime awakenings.
Dr. Gil Colmenar, top rated Oxnard sleep apnea specialist, is devoted to caring for patients with sleep apnea to improve the quality of their lives. Dr. Gil carefully diagnoses and evaluates patients to provide comprehensive care and treatments.
Why choose Dr. Gil Colmenar Oxnard Sleep Apnea Specialist
When you come to our Oxnard Dentistry office for your sleep apnea treatments expect the following:
- Excellent customer service to ensure your comfort throughout the duration of your appointment and treatment
- You’ll be treated respectfully and with excellent care
- You’ll be seen at your scheduled time without unnecessary waiting lines
- Dr. Gil and his knowledgeable staff will explain everything in detail to ensure you fully understand all things that pertain to your treatment.
- A state-of-the-art Oxnard sleep disorder center for the perfect environment to service your sleep disorders